We're Designers. We like to Decorate, while we Eat Chocolate.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Accessories in the Boys Room

I've decided to keep working on the boys room.  It seems like it's easy to get distracted while decorating the house, and lots of things get partially done.  But I've noticed this trend and am going to finish rooms this year.


 Since my last painting post:
I added some race car pictures I put in inexpensive Wally frames,  sewed the bolster pillow out of old blue curtains and white curtains.   (I got the chevron pillows from this great Etsy shop)



 Just cut the fabric into strips, and traced a circle from an embroidery hoop for the ends and sewed it together, then stuffed with batting.  I had leftover red trim from an old project I found in my fabric stash.


Then on the west wall, I found this great framed cork board at TJ's, which fit this poster we already had of our favorite basketball player.


Jimmer!  

I re-arranged the old art in the room, and finally hung up these hooks I've had under the bed since we moved in.  I was up banging it into the wall at 9:30pm. The boys were thinking it was so great mom was in their room after bedtime, the husband- not so much:-) lol.  Sometimes I have to get projects done while I have the motivation to do it! 

6 comments:

  1. Keep at it! It might motivate me to put up that last wall of wallpaper. I mean, what kind of person just wallpapers 3 walls of a 4 wall room and then stops? Me, that who. I think you have the right approach, do it until it's done!

    Love the blue and white bolsters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic~love the bright colors!! Would love for you to come share at my decorating link party - going on all weekend at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! And I think that's JIMMER!!! Thanks so much for linking up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We loved having you and hope you will be back next Saturday to share more of your terrific ideas! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!
    I just saw the picture of yours boys room on pinterest and I LOVE the diamond "headboards." Did you make these? Purchase them? Love your talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Casey,
      Thanks so much!! To make the diamond stencil I did it the cheap way:-) I cut about an 8" diamond shape from card stock and used a level and traced out the entire pattern on the wall (which I first painted red) and then hand painted each diamond white with a small brush. There are about 100 white diamonds, I applied 2 coats of primer and 3 coats of white gloss paint. I taped around the edges to get a nice white border.
      My husband thought I was crazy but I had a vision:-)
      Thanks for your kind words and for taking the time to comment!
      Lauren

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...