So here's the deal with this post. I started doing this project last week, only it had a word on it, not the Roman Numerals you see here. I was in the middle when my husband came in and was like "what are you doing? ....That is just...odd." ODD? Thanks for telling me, since in our old house I had this exact word on a board like this (that was ruined in our move) and he never said anything then! (insert emoticon of me sticking my tongue out)
Well, the wind went out of my sails. So I took a few days to dwell on it and maybe try again. And I did. And FORGOT TO TAKE PICS! DUMB! So here is kind of HALF A PROJECT. Sorry!
To start: I had this piece of reclaimed wood from an old, old house that use to sit on my Grandpa's farm. I did a project HERE that came from that old home. They just tore it down and it was the first house built in the town of Enoch! Somewhere there is a Historical Society crying.
I took it home and sanded it and spray painted it this Blue Slate color (above) from Rust-o-lean. I'm in love with color so prepared to see more of it! Then a Walnut from Rust-o-lean (not pictured). The wood is untreated, so the paint just soaks right in and gives it a nice worn look.