We're Designers. We like to Decorate, while we Eat Chocolate.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Petal Lamp Shade Tutorial

I realized I never shared my tutorial on how I made this Petal lampshade.


So here it goes!

I started with this lamp that has an accordion lampshade.


And would you know the accordion part pulls right off!

It was looking yellow underneath, but covered up fine with some white fabric.

I cut strips of white fabric about 2-3" inches wide. The longer you cut your strips the better.

Then I folded it up like paper dolls, and cut a petal shape.
It will look like this when you un-fold it.


I used hot glue and began glueing them on, I would pinch in the middle of the petals to give it some dimension.

Keep going...and going....


And going more the next day when it's daylight:-)


And finally, you're finished! It actually looks great on the original base too, but sometimes I like it on my thrifty spray painted lamp base.


This was so easy and a fun way to makeover an old lamp. I'd love to hear about any lamp redos you've taken on! Thanks for stopping by!!



4 comments:

  1. I can't believe no on has commented yet because I LOVE this. Love! As in LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely darling! Thanks for the tutorial!
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I used to leave lampshades behind at the thrift store but have since found some cool projects to restyle them. This one is going on the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I am getting ready to move and my daughter finally gets her own room. We want it to be super girly! This will be so cute on her bedside table!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...