We're Designers. We like to Decorate, while we Eat Chocolate.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Meet the Girls

Here's the ladies I found for a mere $3.50 each at the Goodwill last week.

Before:


Enter my friends Krylon Primer and Krylon Blue Ocean Breeze.  


Enter this old accordion lampshade, transformed with fabric I cut into curved strips and hot glued on to create a feminine petal type shade.

Lamp Shade Before :



Shade meets Base:


2 lamp bases -$7, 1 can spray paint $3 (already had the primer), 1 old lampshade-free.
I was checking out light fixtures at Target, and would have spent around $50 bones for the same size lamp.  I'll stop sitting in the dark for ten dollars:-)  We could all use more light in our rooms.   Have you used spray paint on anything lately?

5 comments:

  1. Um.... LOVE the SHADE! I wonder if it's something that could be homemade...hm..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, I need to do something like this for my girls room! This is such a fun blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shade, would you share how you did that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. These lamps came out perfect. Great job! I am visiting from Tatertots and Jello and I am glad I did. Love you site. I am you newest follower.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...