We're Designers. We like to Decorate, while we Eat Chocolate.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Back to School Treats!

My friend got this idea from gourmetmomonthego.com. So late one night we decided to make them! And that's probably why mine aren't as pretty and probably why I didn't take enough pics. But I did have fun in my jammies!

Go to this link to download the labels that you wrap around the "crayons" then print it out on the same colors of paper that you're dipping your chocolate.


Instructions for dipping:
Pretzel rods, break in half.
Melt melting chocolates or baking white chocolate.
Add food coloring to white chocolate (after melted) if you don't use colored melting chocolates
There are 2 ways you can do it. Dip the ends like she did or I dipped the whole thing like I did. Probably over kill but it tasted good!
Let the chocolate harden on wax paper

Wrap the rods in paper after chocolate has hardened. SO CUTE!!! The kids can totally help out with the dipping OR you could do it while they were at school and have a snack for when they get home OR make as a gift for a teachers!

2 comments:

  1. love it!! I'm definitely passing this one on to my sisters who actually have kids in school. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...