We're Designers. We like to Decorate, while we Eat Chocolate.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Take a Seat!




I believe that a home should reflect who you are and what you love.
I want to share with you what I love!


Starting with my Entry way. I love all things vintage.



I love all things design and I loved studying historical and modern furnishings when I was in design school. I LOVE these pictures of chairs, they remind me of all I learned, each one telling a history.
This is how I decided to display them. There is no short supply of seats here!


I love to re-purpose old furniture! My mom gave me this chair, it came from her old 70's dining set. So I took this old chair that needed a second chance and gave it a make over!


I wasn't lovin' the sunburst carvings, so I filled them in with a wood putty. Sanded and primed.


I painted the chair a high gloss black. Now the little carvings are a lot more subtle and I love the country chairs juxtaposed with the modern high gloss finish.


Next I recovered the seat in a vintage pattern. This fabric, if you notice, has a little sunburst pattern in it as well.



I added some numbers to it just the other day, I felt like it still needed something. Still a little grandma-ish, but that's what I love about it.


This is another beaut that I found at D.I.
It was a gold and teal, so cute I just couldn't take a pic........ or I forgot.
Again, I sprayed it with a high gloss black.


Added a little topography for fun. (It's our wedding date!)
Now My Love has no excuse to forget now! (Not that he ever has)


Recovered the seat in another vintage fabric.

My 3 little chairs. I have something fun planed for the middle chair, I just need to buy some freezer paper and figure out my new Silhouette!


That's what I love! Thanks for stopping by!



(I also love these guys!)


Visit thecsiproject.com

Visit thecsiproject.com

Photobucket


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! My entry totally needs a facelift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a huge thing for chairs and totally flipped when I saw this. Where did you get all of your chair art work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING- I ADORE THIS WALL soooo much! ITS FABULOUS. p.s. WHAT COULD be better then decorating and eating chocolate... well a diet coke with it of couse. WINKS- jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...I am swooning. I LOVE this idea..thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so amazing. I love, love it so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going in my inspiration folder for "someday when we have a house". :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...