We're Designers. We like to Decorate, while we Eat Chocolate.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Dining Room Preview

Here's one view of our Dining Room before.  Pretty boring* with the builder beige walls, red curtains I brought from my last house, and don't get me started on the el-cheapo builder standard chandelier (but it does give off tons of light, I'll give it that).   The room has some nice newer furniture going and crown molding we put up shortly after we moved in.  
BEFORE:


Enter the same wall,  in the process of the room redo.  I told my husband I was going to paint the new chair rail white and then do the panel boxes underneath, and paint them white.  Then he came home from work and looked at it, and said, "I thought you were just going to paint the boxes white and leave under the chair rail the beige to match the top?"  HA!  Little does he know there is going to be nothing to "match the top" because that builder beige is PAST DUE  for a makeover. After I get all this painted, and the boxes added, I have some fun things in mind for the rest of the room.  Now if only I could work as fast as my little brain can dream!
DURING: 

**I feel I should add a disclaimer:  I hope I'm not offending anyone when I say that builder beige makes me want to puke. :-P  Our homes should be about what makes us happy, and how we feel when we are in them.  Whatever color makes you feel calm and happy, that's wonderful.  Unfortunately, the colors the walls in my house are painted are not doing it for me --Don't even make me bring up the 'mental institution gray/green' in my family room!  (but that's going to take a whole lot of arm twisting with the hubby, since it was 'professionally painted' by the previous owners.... then I remind myself Rome wasn't built in a day). 
Until then, I'll be up to my eyeballs in putty dust and paint.

1 comment:

  1. Love the chair rail, it looks wonderful. Can't wait to see it all finished. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...