We're Designers. We like to Decorate, while we Eat Chocolate.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Re-Post, Back to School Treats

This is a re-post from last year, and since it's back to school time I thought I would share again. It was easy peasy!
My friend got this idea from gourmetmomonthego.com. So late one night we decided to make them! And that's probably why mine aren't as pretty and probably why I didn't take enough pics. But I did have fun in my jammies!

Go to this link to download the labels that you wrap around the "crayons" then print it out on the same colors of paper that you're dipping your chocolate.


Instructions for dipping:
Pretzel rods, break in half.
Melt melting chocolates or baking white chocolate.
Add food coloring to white chocolate (after melted) if you don't use colored melting chocolates
There are 2 ways you can do it. Dip the ends like she did or I dipped the whole thing like I did. Probably over kill but it taste good!
Let the chocolate harden on wax paper

Wrap the rods in paper after chocolate has hardened. SO CUTE!!! The kids can totally help out with the dipping OR you could do it while they were at school and have a snack for when they get home OR make as a gift for a teachers!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute!! Thank you for the idea. If you get a chance I would love you to link your crayons up to More the Merrier Monday. It lasts through Wednesday so you have plenty of time to stop by. See you there. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...