We're Designers. We like to Decorate, while we Eat Chocolate.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas House Tour: Girls' Room


I've always wanted to do trees in the kids' rooms, but the frugal gal in me always put it off, thinking of using that money for something I could use year round instead.  Hosting the Relief Society Kringle Mingle this year finally gave me the excuse I needed.   

I am still in the process of redecorating Leah's room, but the main colors are Gray and Coral.   I sewed all the bedding, and don't underestimate those snowflakes.  There are around 30 of those suckers, and I'm not kidding when I say it took me over 6 hours (during General Conference) to put those things together, not to mention sore hands from cutting out the shapes  (Maybe I should work out?:-)).


I also stuffed some Christmas socks with batting and hung them up on the window frame, reminds me of the Who's in Whoville.  Should have found some coral and white striped socks but I was in a bit of a rush to get it done, so these ones worked for now.


Excuse the weird camera angle, (trying to show off more snowflakes without climbing on the dresser again:-))  I spray painted some old frames I had, and made the art myself in photoshop, from ideas found on Pinterest.


Missing the coral theme, but I found these great damask napkins at TJMaxx, and decided to make them into a Merry Christmas Banner.  I just printed off the letters on cardstock and taped them to the napkins.  Then taped the napkins to a long piece of yarn, and tied some tulle between each one.



Also tied tulle on the light strand in between each light.  I made the flower ball a while back, and the yarn ball is just that, leftover yarn, on top of my candlestick.

 Bunny slippers- cause that's how I roll:-)


And then there's the little nativity scene my daughter found and put out for me.  That dresser will be getting a new color come summer time... can't wait for that!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...