We're Designers. We like to Decorate, while we Eat Chocolate.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Made by Me, curtains! (SO EASY!)

I love to make my own window treatments and pillows. Mostly because I have a vision in my head of what I want and can never find it! These are my versions of Roman Shades. Super Easy (if you do it my way :)

Parlor

I bought the panels at Target about 5 years ago. I cut them to fit the shape of my window, ADDING an extra inch for the seam on one side. By cutting store bought panels I only had to do a seam on ONE side! I found I could get 2 windows out of each panel.
Next, the trickiest part was sewing the ribbon on each side, making sure the needle caught the ribbons on both sides. It worked pretty will! I sewed down from the top about 1/3 of the length of the curtain and let the ribbon just hang the rest of the way down so I could tie up my curtain where I wanted!
Viola! So easy!

Baby's room



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...