I saw this Dwell table cloth, exact same pattern as the shams, on Clearance for only $15! I was so excited because it was basically a 60"x104" heavy, pre-hemmed piece of fabric! I knew I could get a lot out of it!
I also found this bolt of fabric at a fabric store, $5 for the whole bolt! So I cut 2 24" squares out of each fabric. The plaid is on the back of the bird fabric.
To complicate things ;), I added a ribbon around the edges. I put it inside the 2 pieces, with the polka dots facing the bird fabric so that way I knew when I was done sewing around the edges I would turn it right side out and the polka dots would be facing the front. Does that make since. It took me a second try to figure it out and get it right!
So to sum up, after sewing a simple stitch around the 4 edges I left a little opening and turned them right side out. Stuffed them with A LOT of batting (because I made them so big) and handstitched the openings closed. Ta DA! I love them so much!
I still have a lot "Table cloth" left over and I'm thinking of maybe making a skirt!