We're Designers. We like to Decorate, while we Eat Chocolate.

Monday, April 4, 2011

30 Meals in One Day.

Ever heard of Dinner is Ready?
OK, so this is one of my all time favorite things. 30 Meals in ONE Day! It's not necessarily my favorite thing TO- DO, but it's totally worth it. I get soooo sick of figuring out what to cook weekly or those days where I don't have time (feel like) cooking, I can still provide a good dinner for us all!
You can find this book on Amazon. Basically it tells you how to accomplish this unthinkable
(ha ha) task of cooking so many delicious meals in one day.
Short version: The cookbook is divided into sections
Crock Pot, Oven, Stove Top, Assemble
- You pick 2 meals from the Crock Pot section, 4 Oven, 4 Stove Top, and 7 Assemble. Most of those meals will double. So split it and freeze!
-Oh and the most important thing. Ditch the Kids! Call grandma or cousins and see if they'll take them for the day if your husband can't because there is no way you'll get it done with them around! Or maybe trade with a friend. You watch her kids while she does her meals one day and she watches your's while you do yours!
-Ok so one more really important thing, Snacks and Diet Coke are a must!

Next, Make your grocery store list, you can do this by meal or by quantities. ie: 48oz of sour cream.
Then the night before is the most important time to prep!
Thaw your meat.
Also, Chop you onions and other veggies and organize your supplies.

In the middle of all the craziness, pots of Chicken Tortellini Soup, Taco Soup and Green Chili Soup going on the stove.

Peachy Chicken and Teryaki Chicken in the oven. One of the things I love about this is is it's all made from scratch!

Mmmm... Taco Pie!



Label and Freeze! Getting my freezer full! Between cooking and these meals they usually last about 3 months.


It does help that I'm lucky enough to have such a big freezer!

Mmmmm Chicken Enchiladas! Maybe we'll have this for dinner tonight!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you I bet doing this makes it so easy for you and saves time during the week! I like the process of cooking everynight but this would have been handy when I was raising the kids(4) lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds awesome! Do you eat a frozen meal every night, or just rotate them in when you don't have time to cook? And where do you get the supplies to freeze them in? Email me and we'll have a chat about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That reminds me I need to do this again. My fav recipe in that book is the taco pie! Plus its so easy to make in a pinch when I haven't planned ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...