We're Designers. We like to Decorate, while we Eat Chocolate.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Left Over Ideas!

Easter Candy overload at our house! What about your's? I found these ideas on different websites, tried some and they are great so I wanted to share.
Disclaimer: I didn't invent any of these but I'm just sharing because they're so yummy and I love!

Cute monster eggs decorated by my son, also a monster.

Took those little eggs and turned them into an Egg Salad BLT! Um, yeah you heard me right and boy was it "tasty" (as my 3 year old would say). The recipe comes from Our Best Bites.
If have not discovered ourbestbites.com you must! It's a great website with delicious and do-able recipes. Plus they give you great healthy options too. For example, she's created a delicious dressing to mix with the eggs instead of just mayo. Check it out HERE.
I am asking for their new Recipe Book for Mother's Day.


NEXT- Who? WHO?! I ask you, does not love these?! I think we all run to the store the day after Valentines to grab the first fresh bag off the line. And once again Our Best Bites has come up with a genius way to turn them into something even more delicious (yes, it's possible).

Chop some up and..

Make them into cookies. Oh, so good! It's like gooey and crunchy at the same time!
Get the recipe HERE
note: Get use to me posting a lot of recipes from their site. I love it!
This one goes out to my "Peeps"- I love Smors, they're just about my all time favorite treat. So of course I went gaga over these at RootsAndWingsCo.blogspot.com

It goes a little something like this.

*Crush up a package (a sleeve) of Graham Crackers with 1/3 c. of brown sugar and pat down in a 9x9 pan.
*Mix 1/2 cup of melted butter and 1 tsp. of vanilla and pour over the graham crackers and pat again.
*Pour 1 1/2 cups (or however many you want) m&m's on the graham crackers
*Then top with Peeps.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 min. Cool and cut into bars.



Say What!?

Ok, can you believe somebody actually went there? A Cadbury Creme Egg INSIDE a cupcake? I have not tried this for fear of loving them and having to run 10 miles a day just to burn off the 1000 cal. I'm sure they're worth.
I haven't been able to find the recipe again, just these pics at Zoecakes.com. But from what I remember it's basically chocolate cake batter in a cupcake than place a Creme Egg on top. The cake will cook around the egg.
I imagine that the Chocolate Cake recipe would need to be a dense and fudge like for it to be truly remarkable!


It's been topped off here with a Butter Cream frosting, and look at the way the creme solidifies! Oh man, my thighs are getting bigger just thinking about it. Add this to my list of things to try

2 comments:

  1. I truly believe that cadbury mini eggs will be the death of me.

    Ask the Duplex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! All of that sounds SO yummy! I really want to try those smores! I might actually like peeps that way!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...