We're Designers. We like to Decorate, while we Eat Chocolate.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Re-Purpose Frames

Ghetto Frame:
In the long process of deep-cleaning out the house, I came upon this old accordion frame buried in a box in the basement.  No longer my style it almost made its way into the garage sale box.

 I unscrewed the hinges,  added wall hangers to the back, updated the photos inside, and used a bunch of my other mis-matching brown frames to create this collage.
(I turned 2 of the 3  5x7 frames horizontally)

 I simply laid them on the floor below the wall until I found an arrangement that I liked,  then hung one and eye-balled the next one as I hammered in the nails.  (I still want to update some of the art in these, but that's another project.)  So you may want to think twice before you throw away your outdated frames.

1 comment:

  1. You're so right .... the taste is changed ;) I love your new picture wall!

    I wish you a fantastic weekend and Happy Easter!

    Hugs
    Tine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...